Software Engineer, Growth (Ruby on Rails)
Posted by Rachel Thompson
Pittsburgh PA / Oakland CA
Pittsburgh PA or Oakland CA:
Turnitin is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to help support product adoption and revenue growth. This is a high-impact role in which you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our Engineering, Product, and Growth teams to implement end-to-end analytical and product solutions that will directly shape the growth strategy of the Gradescope platform.
We’re a small, collaborative engineering team who are passionate about improving assessment in higher education. We care deeply about our users and work proactively to make and keep them happy. We iterate often and wear multiple hats, always striving to deliver new value for our users. We take pride in building reliable, high-quality software that maintains an intuitive and delightful user experience.
Gradescope is an online grading platform that enables instructors to grade everything in one place, including paper-based exams, online homework, and programming projects. We use cutting-edge technology and features like flexible auto graders and AI-assisted answer grouping to make grading faster and more equitable. Gradescope was founded in 2014 at UC-Berkeley and joined Turnitin via an acquisition in October 2018.
What you’ll do:
- Build new features and improve existing features on the Gradescope assessment platform
- Instrument Gradescope’s products and systems to track critical adoption data
- Create tools and integrations to transform and centralize data from our sales/growth/marketing tools
- Analyze datasets and building dashboards to measure our penetration and inform growth campaigns
- Break down high-level projects into user stories and deliverables
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re product-minded, user-focused, and detail-oriented.
- You can work well in a small, cross-functional team, and communicate effectively with different business functions. You’re also able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- You love to experiment and solve problems. You’re happy to question assumptions and to back your recommendations with well-formulated, data-driven analysis.
- You’re eager to learn about the business side of a company. Prior growth or marketing experience is a plus but not required.
- You’re empathetic toward our users and your teammates. We’ve worked hard to create an inclusive and supportive team culture, and we’re excited to keep improving it.
- You welcome feedback and are always looking to learn and grow.
More details at SmartRecruiters