Communications and Development Coordinator
Posted by Sam Garfinkel
Meta Mesh Wireless Communities
Meta Mesh Wireless Communities (Community Internet Solutions) is a 501c3 nonprofit, and we work to make a difference in our neighborhoods by building Internet infrastructure and helping people get online. For too long, members of our community have been left disconnected; we are changing this; by working with people to turn their communities’ greatest assets into resources for equitable Internet access. We are building sustainable and cost-effective Internet supported by intentional long-term community engagements. Through our community partnerships and technical work, we will provide equitable access to thousands of Pennsylvania residents.
If you’re a great communicator and have excellent organizational skills, you can help us build these connections as our Communications and Engagement Coordinator. In this role, you will be part of a small team of talented people; each focused on solving the challenges of making the Internet more equitable. You will play a key role in our social and development efforts. You’ll help bolster our writing and storytelling with your experiences and knowledge. Your creativity will profoundly impact the written, recorded, and printed materials we share with our members.
- You’ll identify ways to engage with all Community Internet Solutions stakeholders, especially community organizations and typically underrepresented communities and their members.
- You’ll develop a social media strategy and content in collaboration with the staff.
- You’ll manage the posting on our social media and website (Zoho and Squarespace, don’t worry if you have never worked with them before; they are both easy to learn).
- You’ll keep track of our social metrics and use your insights to help us grow and be responsive to our community.
- You’ll collaborate with the staff to design and order communication literature like flyers, handouts, and business cards.
- You’ll partner with Community Internet Solutions leadership to craft and submit strong grant proposals to meet fundraising goals.
- You’ll work with Community Internet Solutions leadership to track grant funds in alignment with the organizational budget.
- You’ll keep track of important grants and their due dates, working with stakeholders to ensure materials are submitted on time.
- You’ll collaborate with staff and partners on fundraising and partnership events and ideas.
- You’ll keep track of meetings and important events, keeping notes and making sure things run smoothly.
- You’ll help answer the phone and guide customers through the signup process when needed.
- You will get 13 paid holidays annually.
- You will be able to receive up to a 3% IRA match.
- You will get 14 paid vacation days per year.
- You will work predominantly remotely, with some light travel to events throughout the region or our small office in East Liberty.
- You’ll need two years of related experience or an equivalent degree (development, communications, admin, etc.).
- You’ll need some experience with social media and community management
- You’ll need the ability to work independently using critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- You’ll need strong communication and storytelling skills.
- You’ll need an outgoing personality and an innovative attitude.
- If you have experience working with nonprofit or technology organizations.
- If you have experience working in community organizations.
- If you speak Spanish.
Job Details: Job Type: Direct Hire, Full time, Exempt Location: Pittsburgh, PA Remote Work: Hybrid - up to 60% field/office Potential for overnight and extended travel to serve remote communities Maximum of 14 days **Salary: $53,000 ** Up to 3% in IRA Match Available 14-days of paid vacation 13 paid holidays
How to Apply
Please log in or sign up to view this posting's application instructions.