Posted by Joe Duncko
Salary Range: $90-110K
BlastPoint is a B2B data analytics startup located in the East Liberty neighborhood of Pittsburgh. We give companies the power to solve business problems through discovering the humans in their data and understanding how they think. Serving diverse industries including energy, retail, finance, and transportation, BlastPoint’s software platform helps companies plan solutions to customer-facing challenges, from encouraging green behavior to managing customers’ financial stress. Founded in 2016 by Carnegie Mellon Alumni, we are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team.
Why You Should Work for Us
Solve Challenging Problems: BlastPoint’s platform incorporates cutting-edge approaches to geospatial data, psychographic clustering, data enrichment and a dynamic visualization environment, all at scale. We’re working to break new ground by pulling insights from high-dimensional data. And we’re pushing ourselves to try new and better ways to approach every step of our process.
Have An Impact: Small but mighty, BlastPoint’s growth is due to big companies increasingly trusting us with supporting key decisions using their most sensitive data. What we do positively impacts the lives of millions of Americans (and beyond).
Make Positive Change in the World: Our solutions reduce paper consumption, help struggling families pay their bills, and promote clean energy. We also offer our platform for free to nonprofits and civic-oriented organizations.
Employee-Focused Culture: We support the individual needs of our team, offering schedule and work-from-home flexibility, health insurance, 401K, and three weeks of PTO. We also tailor growth opportunities, from skills training to industry conferences.
We are looking for a talented Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer to join our growing engineering team. The ideal candidate for this position is able to ensure smooth and timely delivery of actionable insights to customers by contributing repeatable and maintainable cloud deployment workflows to our infrastructure as code repository, monitoring and maintaining existing infrastructure, and enhancing our Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows, ensuring that our platform and supporting services are highly-available, secure, and well-maintained.
Primary duties for this position include:
- deploying, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- ensuring efficient delivery to customers by enhancing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- protecting data integrity and security throughout the project lifecycle
- automating data onboarding and analysis processes to support greater data variety and velocity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or a similar field of study
- 2+ years of work experience in software engineering, development operations, data science, or a related discipline
- Experience using Terraform to deploy and configure virtual infrastructure in the AWS cloud environment
- Expert level knowledge AWS cloud services, including but not limited to: RDS, SageMaker, ECS, ECR, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Elastic MapReduce, Lambda, AWS Backup, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail
- Excellent communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Terragrunt and Ansible
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Github Actions
- Relational database experience, preferably using PostgreSQL
- An ability to work independently in a challenging, fast-paced environment with several ongoing concurrent projects
- A can-do mentality, with the willingness to take initiative to solve problems
- Recognition that there are always multiple answers to a problem
- An ability to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward
- A working knowledge of common machine learning tools and techniques
- A willingness to travel to the Pittsburgh, PA office periodically (roughly 4-6 times per year), provided that it is safe to do so