Posted by Rachel Thompson
Turnitin (Educational Software)
Link to full job posting here: https://smrtr.io/b42JX
Turnitin makes educational software. They are a stable mid-size company that offers competitive pay and very good benefits.
This is a remote position, even though the job posting is marked with a location. Turnitin has several offices across the US and elsewhere, including an office in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, if you prefer to work from an office. Most people work remotely at this time.
Turnitin has many other engineering and tech jobs open, in multiple technologies at multiple levels.
For the DevOps Engineer position:
- Strong working knowledge of containerization technology (Docker) and administration of distributed containerization orchestration like Kubernetes (including EKS/AKS/GKE) or Docker Swarm.
- Comfortability creating and executing configuration management using tools like Ansible and Puppet.
- Be well-versed in best practices when writing efficient, understandable & maintainable Infrastructure as Code.
- Demonstrable experience and curiosity when troubleshooting full-stack production systems (including network, storage, compute layers, and service dependencies such as DNS, DB, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery platforms such as Jenkins, Github Actions, or Bitbucket Pipelines.
- A strong understanding of microservices, micro front-ends and distributed architecture.
Strong considerations given to
- A foundation in serverless workloads leveraging AWS Lambda, API Gateways, DynamoDB & SQS/SNS topics & queues. Hands-on experience designing reliable and fault-tolerant service architecture.
- Experience programming in languages such as Go, Java or Python.
- Familiarity with modern APM tools like NewRelic or Prometheus/Grafana.
- An interest in log management, including AWS Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana (ELK), or Splunk logging.
- Security and data privacy-focused mindset.