Senior Front-end Engineer
Posted by Rachel Thompson
Turnitin (Educational Software)
Link to full job posting here: https://smrtr.io/b29MY
Turnitin makes educational software. They are a stable mid-size company that offers competitive pay and very good benefits.
This is a remote position, even though the job posting is marked with a location. Turnitin has several offices across the US and elsewhere, including an office in Pittsburgh’s Strip District, if you prefer to work from an office. Most people work remotely at this time.
Turnitin has many other engineering and tech jobs open, in multiple technologies at multiple levels.
For the Senior Front-End Engineer position:
- Be well-versed in best practices in writing efficient, understandable CSS and accessible, standards-compliant HTML
- Understand front end performance
- Familiarity with current front end build systems (Webpack, Rollup)
- Well-versed in writing and running unit- and integration tests.
- Using Git as part of a collaborative team, including branching, pull request, and code review processes
- Accustomed to iterative development practices - breaking problems down, shipping small pieces rather than long-running features, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Nice to haves
- Automation (Jenkins or other CI/CD)
- Experience working with Typescript
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams including the USA