Blue Team Consultant III
Posted by Jon Zeolla
The Position: We’re looking for a Blue Team Consultant focused on expanding their knowledge in the Defend and Protect space, who has a passion for Security and is seeking the opportunity to work with some of the most technologically diverse clients in the U.S. We offer competitive pay, regular training, unlimited PTO, Health, Dental, and Retirement programs.
Why Should You Apply
- You are a driven individual and prefer a people-focused, team-based environment that thrives on continuous development, continuous improvement, and constant communication.
- Your ideal organization allows for a remote-first workforce, as well as in-person activities for project focus work and team-building opportunities.
- You seek to be challenged in the Information Security field through direct community involvement, skills and capabilities improvement, and a proactive approach to security consultation.
- You are passionate about protecting the modern digital landscape being utilized in some of the highest risk environments, and ultimately, the people and data relying on the secure operation of technology.
- Experience in Information Security with a focus on protecting companies through building and implementing security programs and engineering systems to be robust and resistant to attack.
- Experience working with at least one of the big three cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with common security frameworks and regulations such as ISO 27001/2, SOC2, HIPAA / HITECH, SOX, PCI-DSS, GDPR, NIST 800 series, ITIL, FedRAMP, and COBIT.
- Experience working with intrusion detection and prevention, network security monitoring, host-based security and hardening, networking and system administration, cryptography, and database administration.
- Clear understanding of emerging security technology trends, including cloud native architectures, Zero-Trust, DevOps, and microservices.
- Be proficient in at least one programming language such as PowerShell, Python, Ruby, C++, or Golang.
- Use of code to programmatically perform job duties, such as to identify risks and automate the identification of and response to malicious actions, against application code and infrastructure automation such as Infrastructure as Code.
- Advise others of information security concepts using presentations, reports, examples, and visualizations.
- Create, develop, mature, and contribute to Seiso’s catalog of blue team services through product ownership and idea generation based on organizational goals.
- Continually research and learn new technologies and techniques through a mix of self-guided and formal training.
- Contribute to the development of the secure implementation of client initiatives, such as endpoint protection, logging and monitoring, identity and access management, detection, prevention, and security operations.
- Applicant must have the ability to work with computers for extended periods of time.
- Seiso offers competitive benefits packages such as Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, a 401k with company match, and generous paid time-off and holidays.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.