Posted by Sam Garfinkel
Meta Mesh Wireless Communities
Meta Mesh Wireless Communities is seeking a driven and organized individual to manage the daily operations of our organization. As a nonprofit Wireless Internet Service Provider, MMWC interfaces with the public, government entities, funders, strategic partners, and our Board of Directors. The Operations Manager is expected to work professionally with each of these groups to serve our mission of bridging the Digital Divide by providing low- or no-cost wireless Internet services. This role works predominantly remote but is expected to attend onsite events in the Greater Pittsburgh area and attend to items at our office in East Liberty. This position depends on the Operations Manager’s ability to learn quickly and work independently to assist our small team in accomplishing our mission. We’re looking for someone who can complete critical tasks, recommend methods for improvement, and actively engage with volunteers and staff. This opportunity is an administrative role that could fit any level of experience and background. A solid working knowledge of Google applications (Gmail, drive, etc.) is required, as is familiarity with QuickBooks. However, other systems/software can be learned on the job. This position will manage specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above-average attention to detail and a strong commitment to tasks completed on time.
- Must have a working knowledge of QuickBooks to ensure that all transactions are approved and within budget for each project.
- Must be able to process payments.
- Must understand and apply basic accounting principles.
- Pay all MMWC monthly bills through ACH, Check, Credit Card, or Wire Transfer
- Balance bi-weekly payroll
- Assist all organization personnel with expense reporting following organizational SOPs
- Communications skills are a must as you will be the voice for the organization.
- Must be able to listen and relate to customers while offering them empathy and well-thought-out solutions.
- Contact all users who have signed up for service to schedule installations
- Follow up with previous customers
- Enter and upkeep customer records within our CRM
- Work with technical team to provide customers information and clear scheduling
- Answer MMWC’s main phone number and assist in directing calls
- Follow up with online inquiries
- Must be able to use discretion and respect when working with personnel records.
- Help record and upkeep PTO and sick balances
- File basic paperwork and time reporting
- Understand MMWC benefits plans and communicate them accurately to staff
Manage Business Operations:
- Must be organized and love record keeping.
- Receive mail/packages from our office in East Liberty
- Attend to the office (clean, restock items, etc.)
- Be the designated record keeper on meetings as assigned
- Work with vendors to purchase services ranging from software to antennas
- Work closely with the Executive Director on grant writing and reporting
- Assist in time management and tracking for all members of the organization
- Organize all MMWC records, both physical and electronic
- Complete and file administrative documents
- Will need some experience conducting outreach.
- Speak to people in person about MMWC services and how we help them connect
- Go to in-person events throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area
- Set up a basic outreach table and bring materials
Other tasks as assigned:
- A willingness to learn and engage in new items is a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some previous administrative experience
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Some technical knowledge
Why Work for Meta Mesh Wireless Communities?
Meta Mesh Wireless Communities (“MMWC”) is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organization with the mission to bridge the Digital Divide by providing no- or low-cost wireless Internet access to people in need across South Western Pennsylvania. MMWC partners with groups like universities, school districts, other nonprofit organizations, faith-based institutions, and government entities to identify and serve constituents in their communities who do not have reliable or affordable access to the Internet. MMWC receives grants and donations to fund this work and enters into paid contracts with Sponsoring Entities to cover the cost of build-out and services. This way, individuals in need are not burdened with a monthly bill for service.
We’re a rapidly growing nonprofit WISP, providing Internet to underserved communities in the Pittsburgh area. We strongly believe that everyone deserves Internet access and are working to deliver it to those who need it most.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, IRA match, generous holiday schedule, and remote working options. We believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. Joining our team means being a part of a culture that lives by its core values. Our goal is to make a difference where it counts.
MMWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.