Director of Engineering
Posted by Ryan Ernst
IQ Inc. is looking for an experienced technology leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to serve as Director of Engineering. This position is responsible for ensuring client/customer expectations are met while at the same time developing and motivating the engineering team to enhance their technical skills, teamwork, and capability.
The position will lead and coordinate a profit center of technical services offered by IQ Inc. to our clients, striving to ensure each engagement produces the results expected by the client, on time, and within budget. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for a team of engineering managers and engineers. This leadership includes establishing mentorship and personal development plans for members of the team, as well as providing positive motivation and challenging the team overall, resulting in continuous improvement and growth of the technical team.
The Director of Engineering will report to the President of IQ Inc. and will be a key member of the IQ Inc. Leadership Team. As such the Director of Engineering is expected to actively engage in and help to grow the business. This includes active participation in the development of corporate objectives, adoption of strategies, and analysis of metrics to ensure company success.
We are seeking a seasoned individual with significant industry experience including supervisorial at the manager or director level.
As a Director of Engineering, you…
- Advocate for and adhere to the company Vision, Mission, and Culture value statements.
- Walk with and among the people, so you can help them by serving and building a community.
- Develop and maintain an engineering organization that delivers to a client expectation, on time and on budget.
- Ensure the employees have access to knowledge and resources to create a healthy and peaceful environment.
- Create an environment that embraces employee development and engagement to maintain a strong software development team and grow the next generation of IQ Inc. leaders.
- Are self-motivated to schedule, budget, and resource plan across multiple teams and projects.
- Collaborate with Business Development to create proposals and to continuously improve the proposal generation process.
- Partner with the Innovation/product team to shape the vision and roadmap of new IQ Inc. offers products and services.
- Work with the Leadership Team to define and execute multi-year strategies and objectives which provide corporate growth and new career opportunities for employees.
- Work to keep morale high among employees.
- Are collaborative and an effective communicator at all levels of an organization.
- Are passionate about solving highly complex engineering problems using the right data to make informed decisions
- Want to be an integral part of an organization that values innovation, diversity, and impact
The Director of Engineering understands that the best leaders serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership while maintaining clarity and oversight. We take pride in what we do - delivering challenging technical solutions at scale - to better serve our mission of Impacting the Quality of Life.
Who You Are
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering/scientific discipline.
- 5+ years supervisory/leadership experience with demonstrated success leading a large engineering team including conducting one-on-one discussions, annual performance reviews, hiring, and taking disciplinary action when needed.
- Knowledgeable of, and experienced in implementing, best practice engineering methods and continuous improvement activities to balance delivery velocity, individual growth, software quality, and technical innovation.
- Demonstrated experience advising teams on architecture and software implementation.
- Solid cross-function and cross-organization communication and people skills as well as demonstrated executive presence when engaging customer leadership.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineering Manager, leading teams working on challenging problems of scale and reliability.
- Has substantial understanding of and significant experience executing on the serving leadership principles of creating, growing, and maintaining a healthy organization.
Who we are We are a growing and highly-capable Engineering organization with engineering offices in Monroeville, PA.
Our Purpose Impact the Quality of Life through Technology
Our Vision Providing an Exceptional experience.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.