Senior Staff Frontend Software Engineer
Posted by Jeff Warner
Nav Technologies, Inc
NOTE: This position is remote-first, but we have offices in Draper, San Jose, and Philadelphia that you’re welcome to use if you live nearby.
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that).
About the Role
What the Job Entails
- Keeping your skills relevant for the future by leveraging best in class tech stacks, code pairing, cross functional project opportunities, and courses that help build your business acumen.
- Creating trustworthy and intuitive user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant, and reliable using modern technologies like React, NodeJS, and (Apollo) GraphQL.
- Producing unit and end-to-end tests so that we are continually improving code quality and maximizing code coverage for new and existing features.
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision.
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts cross functionally with: product, marketing, operations, senior leaders, sales and business development, legal, and compliance.
- Owning and driving high-level features from planning through implementation. You are involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, and constantly solving complex technical/business problems.
- Working cross functionally to understand product requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver solutions needed to build innovative and disruptive products.
What You Bring to the Table
- You have extensive experience developing and shipping user-facing features using React, NodeJS, and Apollo GraphQL.
- You are excited and interested about future trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- You are seen by your peers as a subject matter expert any of these: React, NodeJS, and Apollo GraphQL, and aren’t afraid to share your skill sets with other developers.
- You have connected your Node server to a database.
- You have a background in Financial Services (lending, credit cards, insurance, banking), Ecommerce or other B2C/B2B industries where providing a personalized customer solution is desired.
- You have built and implemented a successful personalized marketplace within multiple channels.
Who You Are
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to meet deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen - you find the intersections between technical operations & company strategy.
- You have excellent analytical, decision making and complex problem-solving skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
More About Nav
Inclusion At Nav
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple, And Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive pay. Company ownership. Unlimited vacation. 401k and HSA company match. Benefits day one. 6 weeks paid parental leave. Work from anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible work arrangements. Free telehealth and telemental health for all employees. Employee networks and events. Community network groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful perks and rewards. Learning and development opportunities. Pet insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions and take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate and engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams and creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling and coaching.