Senior Backend Software Engineer
Posted by Jeff Warner
Nav Technologies, Inc
NOTE: This position is remote-first, but we have offices in Draper, San Jose, and Philadelphia that you’re welcome to use if you live nearby.
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that).
About the Role
What the Job Entails
- Build and scale services that integrate with banking data vendors, Salesforce, and other internal services. Our focus is in Go, but we support other services in languages such as Ruby, Elixir, and Python.
- Optimize Nav’s customer experience, from first contact, through sign-up, and applying for loans and credit cards.
- Build the framework that Nav’s solutions (credit reports, alerts, financing marketplace) plug into.
- Turn business requirements into technical solutions.
- Help establish best practices within Nav’s growing Engineering organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- A track record of successfully delivering maintainable backend systems in a Linux environment.
- Experience programming in Go, Ruby, or Elixir.
- Active interest in learning new paradigms and languages.
- A relentless problem-solving attitude.
Who You Are
- You uplift those around you.
- You’ve got great verbal and written communication skills.
- You’ve got amazing relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
- You are comfortable working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You have a bias for action, a “driver” that gets stuff done, using analytical thinking.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, ability to change course quickly based on new insights.
More About Nav
Inclusion At Nav
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple, And Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive pay. Company ownership. Unlimited vacation. 401k and HSA company match. Benefits day one. 6 weeks paid parental leave. Work from anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible work arrangements. Free telehealth and telemental health for all employees. Employee networks and events. Community network groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful perks and rewards. Learning and development opportunities. Pet insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions and take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate and engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams and creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling and coaching.