Frontend Software Architect
Posted by Jeff Warner
Nav Technologies, Inc
NOTE: This position is remote-first, but we have offices in Draper, San Jose, and Philadelphia that you’re welcome to use if you live nearby.
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that).
About the Role
This position is a hands-on engineering leadership role, setting our technical architecture vision and road-map.
What the Job Entails
- Work with the leadership to build and deliver Nav’s technical roadmap for the current and future needs of our business.
- Work with product leadership to set smart goals and expectations for the products that we build.
- Participate in our inter-departmental Advisory Board to review and recommend solutions that solve our business needs.
- Own the technology that is supported at Nav and lead discussions on when to add new technologies and deprecate existing ones.
- Drive the creation and adoption of standards for the design, architecture, development, and maintenance of our frontend solutions, ensuring they are secure, scalable, stable and flexible.
- Create prototypes, evaluate solutions, and demonstrate how to create solutions that advance our technical vision.
- Drive the adoption and use of metrics to monitor and improve our software solutions.
- Generate documentation about UI architecture, interactions, and behaviors with REST APIs or any other mechanism to process data (GraphQL, etc.).
What You Bring to the Table
- Experience delivering several commercial products and services at scale.
- Experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies.
- Experience with distributed systems delivering large-scale, secure, and performant cloud services.
- Experience architecting, delivering, and owning large-scale GraphQL solutions.
- Experience delivering large-scale applications in Node.js and React.
- Experience with delivering software running on AWS services.
- Experience working in Agile teams and iterating to build sustainable software.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and how to improve them
- Passion for understanding emerging technologies and ability to know when to invest and when to wait.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to non-technical people both inside and outside of the company.
- Represent Nav’s technology with industry partners and peers through a range of forums.
- Ability to lead and coach by example, with empathy and understanding and drive results through collaboration.
- Solve complex CSS, HTML, and JS compatibility issues in our end-to-end systems
Who You Are
- An Owner. You are knowledgeable, results-driven, accountable and own the outcome.
- Multi-Faceted. You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- Decisive. You settle issues quickly leading to rapid results.
- Flexible. You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to meet deadlines and plan, organize, and carry out multiple detailed tasks.
- A Problem Solver. You have excellent analytical, decision making, and complex problem-solving skills.
- Passionate. You are passionate and have the ability to inspire passion in others.
More About Nav
Inclusion At Nav
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple, And Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive pay. Company ownership. Unlimited vacation. 401k and HSA company match. Benefits day one. 6 weeks paid parental leave. Work from anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible work arrangements. Free telehealth and telemental health for all employees. Employee networks and events. Community network groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful perks and rewards. Learning and development opportunities. Pet insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions and take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate and engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams and creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling and coaching.