Senior Software Engineer
Posted by Daniel Tennant
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
The Observability Pipeline platform team is responsible for building services that ingest, transform, and deliver low latency telemetry data at massive scale. Our platform brings critical telemetry data to Microsoft engineers as well as Azure customers around the world, and has to support petabytes of data from millions of machines on a daily basis. It offers value added functionality and a rich extensibility model for data consumption.
We are looking to hire engineers for the Observability Platform team who care deeply about improving the availability, resiliency, latency, scalability, and cost of large scale distributed systems. If you are motivated by solving large scale problems, with real world impact, this is a great place to be.
- Building and maintaining high scale services.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the architecture, design, development and quality of our software.
- Build strong relationships with partners within Microsoft to bring innovation to new and existing products.
- Be a mentor to junior developers in your team and help them grow.
- Perform code reviews and unit testing for newly written software.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and disciplined software engineering practices to deliver business value, guided by data.
- BS/BA or higher in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience.
- 4+ years of industry experience developing enterprise-grade software.
- Ability to design and build high performance distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
- Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services.
- Prior experience working on C# or building applications on Azure Service Fabric.
- Hands on experience building and maintaining REST microservices.