Software Engineer (Backend)
Posted by Brian Finamore
Gridwise’s mission is to help improve the way people and goods move in cities, particularly within the gig economy. Our mobile application provides gig drivers with the tools and decision-making power that they need to earn more and sustain their independent way of life. We’ve empowered over 250,000 ridehail and delivery drivers nationwide through our platform and marketplace of driver services.
We also recently launched our first-of-its-kind gig analytics platform, Gridwise Analytics, which leverages our billions of mobility data points to help cities and enterprises solve important infrastructure and business challenges.
About the Role
Gridwise is growing its backend team, and is looking for a talented and motivated (Backend) Software Engineer to join us for the ride. Some details about the role and ideal candidate:
- Contribute to the design, development, and operations of our core backend systems and services that power the Gridwise mobile application and analytics platform
- Collaborate with our mobile team to develop new application features and APIs that enable Gridwise users to be more productive and profitable on the road
- Work with our analytics team to build warehouses and data processing pipelines in support of our driver insights features and gig analytics platform
- Support data science/machine learning initiatives with data processing and model training infrastructure
- Deploy and support scalable cloud infrastructure for our platform services
- Collaborate with engineering, product and business folks to support our product and technical roadmap planning
- Help improve our software development practices as we continue to grow
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining scalable, cloud-based applications and services
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and developing containerized applications
- Proficient working with a variety of programming languages and frameworks, such as Go, Python, Ruby (Rails), etc., and not tied to any one stack
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Passionate about startups and the mobility/gig industry
Exceptional Candidates may have:
- Worked with service-oriented and event-driven architectures at scale
- Familiarity with distributed systems and/or big data / analytics infrastructure
- Implemented and supported ML-based product features
- Prior startup experience
Gridwise is based in Pittsburgh, PA, but we are open to remote employment for this position.
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan offerings
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Untracked vacation (two weeks minimum)
- Rideshare/food delivery credits
- Company-sponsored conferences/education
If you’re interested in empowering gig drivers and feel you’re a good fit for the role, please apply and let us know why!