Software Engineer, Full Stack (Ruby on Rails)
Posted by Rachel Thompson
Pittsburgh PA / Oakland CA
Pittsburgh PA or Oakland CA:
Turnitin is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to help us expand and scale the Gradescope assessment platform. This is a high-impact role in which you’ll collaborate cross-functionally with the Engineering, Product, and Quality Assurance, and Support teams to implement end-to-end solutions for Gradescope’s rapidly growing user base.
We’re a small, collaborative engineering team who are passionate about improving assessment in higher education. We care deeply about our users and work proactively to make and keep them happy. We iterate often and wear multiple hats, always striving to deliver new value for our users. We take pride in building reliable, high-quality software that provides an intuitive and delightful user experience.
Gradescope is an online assessment platform that enables instructors to grade everything in one place, including paper-based exams, online homework, and programming projects. We use cutting-edge technology and features like flexible auto graders and AI-assisted answer grouping to make grading faster and more equitable. Gradescope was founded in 2014 at UC-Berkeley and joined Turnitin via an acquisition in October 2018.
What you’ll do:
- Build new features and improve existing features on the Gradescope assessment platform
- Work with our product and support teams, as well as directly with our customers, to understand users’ needs
- Own the full software development lifecycle from design to release
- Break down high-level projects into user stories and deliverables
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code
More details at SmartRecruiters