Posted by Ryan Dickson
Be part of a technology startup that is building cutting edge healthcare products using NLP and machine learning methods to transform the way quality of care is addressed in the healthcare industry
About the job
The goal of Astrata’s NLP team is to leverage cutting edge NLP techniques to help build innovative products that revolutionize the way clinical notes are used in the healthcare industry.
As a member of the team, you will contribute to development and maintenance of the existing NLP infrastructure which includes an NLP engine as well as a suite of internal tools that help change the face of modern healthcare. The focus of this position will be to reach a mastery level of the technology stack. If you’re a self-starter that wants to move fast, and ‘learn by shipping’, you’ll find the perfect environment to apply your expertise.
What you’ll do…
Find creative solutions to difficult problems and operate within a flexible, fast-paced development environment Design, develop, test, and maintain user facing components and tooling. Deploy and maintain custom built NLP software and tooling on AWS. Participation in the full software development cycle using Agile methodology Promote and participate in professional self-development to stay up to date with new technologies and development approaches within the industry Provide updates in both written and spoken format. Work with leadership on a daily basis providing status updates, recommendations for improvements, and other inputs to provide a world class engineering development organization.
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Physics, or other quantitative fields) or has acquired core software development skills and knowledge via practical experience
- Expert knowledge of Java.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks: JavaFX, Swing
- Some knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- Must be able to work independently as well as in small groups to problem solve
- High initiative and be self-motivated to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work in and support a team-based environment.
Exceptional Candidates will have…
- Expert knowledge of JavaFX
- Familiarity with web front-end design and development
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes
- Some coursework in NLP or ML is a plus
- Demonstrated increasing responsibilities including the ability to develop significant software projects.
- Previous startup experience with wearing multiple hats is desirable.
Why you’ll love working here…
- Opportunity to transform healthcare
- Competitive compensation packages including healthcare, PTO and retirement benefits
- Culture of teamwork, achievement, and fun